ever heard of the term breakfast cookies? well you better have, cause that’s what these are all about. these banana almond oat cookies are easy to make and yet healthy enough to enjoy them for breakfast – without all this guilt! besides being suitable for breakfast, these are a great option for a quick and nutritious snack in between your meals and whenever those sugar cravings kick in.
while these banana almond oat cookies do not contain any refined sugars, they come naturally sweetened using only bananas. if you’re on the sweeter side, then you may add a little bit of agave syrup or maple syrup but i would definitely recommend to try them without first. and obviously you can always add a little bit on top if you really miss the sweetness after baking.
with this one i aim to keep the post as short as possible since i don’t wanna hold you back from food processing and baking these bad ass life savers but there are a few things i need to tell you before you can jump right into it.
- first, they are highly addictive! this is just a warning from my side so that i don’t need to take any responsibility for these banana almond oat cookies to be gone after just a couple seconds. remember, i warned you!
- second, when i tell you these are simple to make then you can be certainly sure that they ARE simple to make and you will most likely only need 10min to whip them up for the first time and with practice (here i mean remembering the recipe by heart haha!), it will probably come down to 5min for preparing and 10min for baking, so 15min in total. that being said, it is even possible to quickly whip these up whenever you feel like eating this whole bag of chips or the entire container of ice-cream sitting in your freezer. this means, those banana almond oat cookies are a real life saver and a perfect alternative for rather unhealthy snacks.
- as a third and last fact i would like to mention that these cookies are the most amazing thing to bring to your office, to your daily commute, to really any outdoor adventure, to feed your kids when they get hangry (hungry and angry!) or even to serve as dessert when having friends over. be sure to try out the recipe and you will appreciate its many uses!
since the main ingredients are really just bananas and oats, it will fuel you up and will help you to get an extra boost in energy – whether that’s on the mountain or during a long day at work, you decide. but now, less talking, more food processing!
banana almond oat cookies recipe
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup flax seeds
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- preheat the oven to 180°C.
- in a food processor combine bananas with vanilla and cinnamon. process until a liquid mass forms.
- next add in chia seeds, flax seeds and oats and process again.
- add chocolate chunks (or drops) and add to the mass, pulse again for a few seconds, then stop.
- on a baking sheet lined out with parchment paper take one a handful of dough and place it onto the sheet.
- now try to mould round cookies, then with your finger press onto the cookies to form a little pit.
- bake for 10-12min in the oven.
- take out and fill the middle of the cookies with almond butter.
- let cool or enjoy right away!
- store them in an airtight container in your fridge for up to 4 days.