ever dreamt of combining the sweetness of fresh medjool dates with the exotic flavors of coconut and ripe avocado? to be honest, if you would have told me that i will be eating avocado for dessert a couple years ago i would have bursted out laughing. i’m quite serious here tough, i always used to be the one thinking that dessert needs to be made out of flour, sugar, milk and tons of chocolate. after a couple years and life lessons learned, now i know that dessert can be both delicious and healthy which is exactly what this coconut chocolate avocado tart is here for!
if you happen to think that avocado is not able to do the trick, let me just tell you, it will definitely fix your chocolate cravings and will leave you satisfied for sure. while you can certainly make this tart naturally sweet (thank god for dates!), it is not really necessary and can easily be sweetened afterwards just as you (and your friends) like.
also, in case you didn’t know already, this is a no-bake cake just like this cheesecake is too. while baking seems to be the accurate verb when making this coconut chocolate avocado tart, you actually do not need an oven at all. all ingredients are processed in its natural form and will stay raw without any form of heating. although this cake does not require any baking time, it does need to be placed in the fridge (or outside if you live in the northern hemisphere right now!) in order to firm up. this will take up to two hours but can be reduced if you place it into the freezer right away for about an hour or so.
and just so that you know, as a health-concious living person i think most of the stuff required for the recipe you will have already at home anyways so this is the perfect dessert to make whenever you need a quick fix for a spontaneous invitation or have an unexpected birthday coming up. now, drumroll for the easiest and coconut chocolate avocado tart recipe out there – enjoy!
- 150 g soaked medjool dates
- 120 g shredded coconut
- 4 tbsp almond flour
- 4 tbsp plant based milk (i used soy milk)
- 150 g medjool dates
- 2 ripe avocados
- 4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 50 g melted cocoa butter
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 5 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 pinch salt
- for the base soak the dates in water for about 15 minutes.
- then process dates with shredded coconut, almond flour and add in plant based milk.
- take a tart form and line it out with baking paper.
- with your hands try to mould a 'crust'.
- next, process the remaining dates with avocados, cocoa powder, melted cocoa butter, agave syrup, coconut milk and a pinch of salt.
- process for about 3-4 minutes until it is all creamy.
- fill into the tart form and even out with a spatula.
- add some shredded coconut or toppings of your choice.
- place in the fridge for about 2 hours to firm up. enjoy!
- if you do not have the time to wait 2h to firm up you can also place it into the freezer for 1h. keep the tart in the fridge for a maximum of 4 days.