hummus on carrots, hummus on knäckebröd, hummus on bread or with mixed veggies featured in a buddha bowl. hummus is a must and it’s taken me way too long to share my absolute favorite recipe with you. it’s simple, vegan, gluten free, salt free and tastes amazing at any occasion. it’s also great to have on hand when traveling on the road or when having a busy day at work, i’ll promise, hummus can and will fix it!
this recipe contains only ingredients i usually keep in my pantry at all times so that i never have to miss out on it when craving some hummus past store opening hours. if you do the same (it’s only a few ingredients anyways), you can always surprise your unexpected guests with a quick & homemade dip. they will be amazed!
for about 2 cups of hummus you will need
- 500g cooked & drained chickpeas
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp tahini paste
- 1 tbsp molasses
- juice of 1 lemon
- handful fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp curcuma powder
- start by peeling the garlic and add it into the bowl of your food processor. process for a minute or until finely chopped.
- add drained and washed chickpeas and blend again.
- then go ahead and add the rest – olive oil, tahini, molasses, lemon juice, cilantro, and all spices. process until smooth, the longer the smoother. depending on your food processor or blender you are using, you might need to use a spoon to stir once in a while.
- once everything is mixed well, taste and adjust according to your preferences. you might wanna add some chili powder or cayenne pepper to turn it into a more spicy hummus or you add more molasses and jump onto the sweeter side of life, eeeh, hummus 😉
- store in an airtight container for up to four days in your refrigerator!