these last couple days have been quite busy for me. my days are filled with doing an internship, writing my bachelor thesis, getting some exercise, seeing friends, and on top of all that, writing blog posts for this blog. i like everything i’m doing at the moment and i’m actually enjoying each single part of my day but when i go to bed i’m just as exhausted as when i wake up. so yep, not really in the mood for prepping breakfast before going to work – so something else had to come into place. hello and welcome to my life, quinoa almond porridge with a hint of vanilla!
breakfast these days really had to be easy to prepare, full of nutrients, filling me up until late noon or even until the afternoon and of course, vegan, gluten-free AND tasty. phew, what a challenge, right? but not with this quinoa porridge, soaked overnight. i really urge you to try it, it might sound boring but it truly isn’t.
of course i could also make a smoothie like this one or this one, but they are just not as filling. and if you’re thinking this quinoa porridge is in any way similar to plain overnight oats – i am telling you, you’re wrong. i know overnight oats too well, you can trust me. for me, this quinoa porridge is a life-changer and i thought the recipe is worth to share, so here it is.
- 4 tbsp quinoa flakes (if you prefer oats, use oats)
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- a few pecan nuts
- some real vanilla
- 6 tbsp almond milk
- break the nuts into small pieces, then mix with all dry ingredients in a container, i prefer using glass containers with a glass lid (WECK glasses to be exact)
- stir dry ingredients and add almond butter and almond milk. stir well and pop in your fridge overnight.
- the next morning, take out and mash a banana to put on top. add some more vanilla on top and any other fruit you might have on hand.
- enjoy wherever you’re at 😉
hope you like it as much as i do. if so, let me know in the comments below!